Monday, November 2, 2009

Nothing Really Related to Writing.

Word count as of Nov. 2, 2920. A little behind but nothing I can't handle. So to get to the bit that isn't related to writing: I have these two kittens McAllister and Finnegan, and I love these kittens, they sleep with me every night. And I have these PJ shorts, cute little boxer shorts, they are my favorite pair of PJ shorts. A couple of days ago these shorts disappeared. And I found them, in my kittens litter box. A few days later, I found one of my favorite PJ shirts, in the same exact place, after I'd removed my shorts from the litter box. So either my kittens love me as much as I love them and need to have a bit of me with them at all times, or they hate my sense of style and decided to get a message across by literally going to the bathroom on my clothes. Favorite clothes. And they're little snots, so I know it was purposeful.

Anywho, I'm behind on NaNo but with good reason I spent most of my time on my day off Tuesday, working in the yard. A lot of yard work. Oh and I got fourteen hours of blissful sleep. It was very nice. Have I told you guys how much I love my little "brother" Danny? Because I love him. So, as posted before I got to go to Barnes and Noble, which may just be my favorite bookstore. (Aside from the cute 75% off store that recently closed *tear*.) So we get into the store and I immediately run to retrieve Morganville Vampires: Fade Out, by Rachel Caine and Dear John by Nicolas Sparks. So we're in the YA section and Danny who tagged along, points out Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games. Now I'd been waiting to save up to get this book, or get it for Christmas, whichever came first, money or holiday. He asks if I'm going to read it, I say eventually. He then proceeds to tell me he owns a copy, and asks if I want it. I ask if I can keep it forever, I really like to keep my books it's a CDO thing, I'm sure. And he says yes. When we go home, he just gives me the book. I love him. Then my sister purchased a book I also wanted and said once she was done I could have it. Then today as I returned to B&N (long unnecessary story as to why) I found another book I've been waiting for but wasn't aware had been published again. So my dad bought it for me. I love my family. I was really blessed when it came to books this week, yes!

Now, I'm getting on with NaNo. Uh huh, I'm going to write right now, after I take the dog for his figure eight walk. Thanks again you guys for helping me break out of my block.

Ooh look a short post, yeah!

5 comments:

Mariah Irvin said...

I'm very jealous of all your new books! I'm waiting until December to buy the ones I want so they don't distract me during NaNo.

You're going to love The Hunger Games!

Carrie Harris said...

Yay new books! And yay NaNo word count.

I think your cats might be related to my old cat. We don't have her any more, but her favorite place to pee was on my favorite sweater. Grrr...

Hayley Lovell said...

Mariah-I already read The Hunger Games but I've wanted the sequel forever. So I can't wait to read it, so pumped, but I'm only going to read during school and maybe a little before bed, that way I'm not too distracted.
K.M.-Maybe, but at least they pull the clothes into the litter box before hand, otherwise my dad would make me get rid of them.

Sara Raasch said...

Yay for FREE books!! Nothing is better :)

Hayley Lovell said...

Sara-Yes, there is nothing better than free books. And I can't believe that I won your contest, I never win anything Sara! So exciting!