Thursday, December 17, 2009

Uh, I was Tagged!

So I was going to post today, per usual, and as I was reading my fellow bloggers blogs, Carrie, tagged everyone who read her blog who didn't have a posting plan for today. I am one of those people so I've been tagged. Which is kind of exciting, I love these bloggy things. They make my day. But before I go into the whole tagging process, (it's about writing, score!) I feel I should say that I was featured in my school newspaper! They were doing a segment for my club, Writers Club, I'm the President (and I'm only a Junior, double score). And they did a kind of mini featurette (not a real word, it sounds cool so I made itr up) on me. There was a little excerpt they used, it had been bigger they asked for two pages, from an important scene in my story and a cute pic. It was a nice piece, except they said I was an active participant in the school community. Lies. I'm in one club, a social butterfly I am not.

Onto the first half of the Tagged bit!

1. What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?

Hmm...last thing I wrote was last night, I was modifying the piece that I've posted here like six times (see two posts down) for the drama teacher, because they wanted one act scenes for practice in class, and I was too lazy to write a new scene. The last thing I wrote that wasn't editing, modifying, or tampering with was I think Tuesday, I was writing a piece for my WIP.

The first thing I wrote that I still have...okay it is a memory piece that I wrote in second grade. Well it was supposed to be a memory piece but turned into more of a butchered memory with magical filled in gaps. It is embarrassing for me to read, but I find it interesting that at the time I could barely read, no seriously I struggled to read simple sentences, but managed to write something so creatively. But one that I know of but don't know where it is, is a poem my friends wrote with me when I was in kindergarten about my puppy Bear.

2. Write poetry?

I used to, I used to write a lot of poetry. My third grade teacher, who got me to read, got me to write, and helped show me the path I was destined to take early in life, used to make us write poetry everyday. I'm sure I have the little green flip notebook somewhere.

3. Angsty poetry?

I have written angsty poetry, ask me where it is I don't know, it is here somewhere. No I will not post any of it. My friend Kathryn, the face eating zombie one, calls me the queen of angst. So I don't know where any of it is, or if I'll find it. I think that is for the better.

4. Favorite genre of writing?

YA, easily. It's what I read, it's what I write.

5. Most annoying character you've ever created?

The most annoying? Wow, there are a lot of them, annoying characters, little annoying ones. But looking back, the most annoying, see now I've got to think about it...Marissa, a character in He's With Me, she isn't annoying per se, but she is a bitch.(Can I say that? I think I can say that) And that annoys me. She is one of the girls who is insensitive to Kali days after Mitch dies, and then proceeds to make a big show about how she and Mitch we once together, bladdy blah blah. I really don't like her, and lets just say when Tessa (Kali's bestie) punched her out, I was cheering.

6. Best plot you've ever created?

Uh...I don't know. I think my plot for We Are the Plague was pretty awesome, and the same for my current WIP. But I don't really want to choose...okay We Are the Plague is the best plot, and I think a banging title. But it is a retired plot, not because I don't love it, but because this isn't the time for me to write it.

7. Coolest plot twist you've ever created?

In my current WIP and its subsequently untitled sequel, *SPOLIERS* Declan believes Ashlyn is dead and vice versa. Of course this will be the second time they're separated, and it all but drives him insane okay well he does go a little psycho crazy for a long time. But I mean he thinks she is dead for five years that's one heck of a long time, and so gives up some of his morals for his revenge, which blows up in his face when she's not dead, causing a lot of issues. Their reunion though, is well pretty epic. Have I told you I love Declan? Because I do, so much.

8. How often do you get writer's block?

A lot. And I hate it, but my block tends to be brought about by stress, aka school. So yeah...it isn't kind of never ending, I get the most written on weekends, school breaks and God bless summer vacation, because I can stay up until the wee hours of four a.m. and sleep till noon and write until my fingers blister and bleed. Yes I do look forwards to those days. But writers block plagues me quite often, that is why I keep dark chocolate bars at my immediate disposal, and chamomile tea at the ready.

9. Write fan fiction?

Yes, yes I do, always started never finished, it helps me break my block. Writing other peoples characters is almost therapeutic. Never finished, never published CSI: NY fanfics. And I totally read them. All the time, it is another internet thing that sucks up my time.

10. Do you type or write by hand?

Both, my school notebooks are full of notes scribbled to myself and little bits and pieces here and there, and I have a five section notebook stuck under my pillows. But when I get home I sit in front of the computer and write, well when I'm not doing chores.

11. Do you save everything you write?

Yes, I save it all, well most of the time. I like having as many bits as possible to look back on because you never know, through all that garbage there may be some little diamond jewels.

12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?

All the time, my WIP is a perfect example of that. I just like looking back and seeing where I've come from and what I've written, because again, you never know what you'll find.

13. What's your favorite thing you've ever written?

This is a hard one, I have four scenes that I adore, one from my current WIP the one that has been posted on here, the catalyst scene in He's With Me, the death of an MC in Tears of an Angel (a happily retired tale) and a scene that does not exist because it means I'm cheating on my WIP that and I don't know where the story is going yet.

So yep, that's it for now, I'm kind of tired and will post the rest tomorrow, promise!

2 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

Awesome. And I'm glad I could help. ;)

Hayley Lovell said...

Carrie-You are awesome thank you so much :)