Thursday, July 21, 2011

Renovations

Yeah so this new design has been in the works for awhile, it's not complete--not by a long shot. I just needed something different.

I've been finding that is the case lately, just needing change. I don't like change, not at all, but as each day brings me closer and closer to leaving home and getting out on my own I find myself yearning for it. I'm ready to get out of here. I am afraid of heading off to college, in less than a month I'll be on my way, and I am beyond terrified of the new school conditions I'm going to have to deal with. I've never been to college before, I don't know how it works! I mean high school was easy, it was just a blown up version of middle school, middle school was just elementary school with more than one teacher. College is not like any of those, at all. So on one hand I'm pumped to get out of my house, except I'm going to miss Mac and Finn and Seamus but I can survive without their late night cuddles and cold noses, and on the other I am so not ready to start learning things again or for summer to be over.

I am apologizing for the rant that is about to follow.

Also I am ready to be done with my sister, the fifteen year old, who gets to throw a hissy fit every fifteen minuets and then not speak to me and blame me for everything wrong under the sun. Once I'm gone she will get to do all the chores herself, and have to deal with our parents without me as a buffer. I cannot f**king wait.

We have a big family, but I only have one biological sister who has been doing nothing but winning the-most-obnoxious-person-on-the-face-of-the-planet award for three months. (For the count record I have three "brothers" and five "sisters", all of whom are related to me one way or another but aren't necessarily siblings, I just consider them as such, if that makes sense.) So based on that logic/my opinion she is the third youngest and has been taking a nice long ride on my last nerve for over two months now. I am sick of the excuses my parents give me "she's a teenager, you were the same way." I was not. or "it is normal behavior, just leave her/it alone." NO. I will not leave it alone, I should not have to walk around our house on eggshells because my sister has decided to rule over it with an iron fist of I-can-throw-the-biggest-hissy-fit. She isn't two, or four, or seven or even ten. She is fifteen, and her behavior is not acceptable in any way shape or form.

Rant done.

Onto renovations. I've also been living my life by a schedule, unfortunately work disrupts that more than not but planning everything out has definitely made more time for writing and me time.

So renovations, that is the topic of the post, but after I had my rant and my freak out over college I can't remember where the post was originally headed. And for that I am sorry. I will have a post more related for writing ready for later this week. Promise.

No comments: