Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry. Ron. Hermione. And Fred...

So I went to the midnight release last night. There will be spoilers in this post, just so you're warned.

I cried when the Warner Bros. Insignia showed up on the screen, and then dried my tears and jumped in.

There isn't much I have to say, but I do have to say a few things.

Anyone who knows me knows I love Fred. After Sirius he was my favorite character in the Harry Potter series. I believe my favorite characters are cursed, Sirius was my first ever favorite character to die, and since every single favorite character I've had has either died, or spent the rest of their life miserable.

So for those of you who don't know, and you should seeing as the book came out four years ago, Fred dies. I was really broken up when I read those words, "No! Fred NO!" Like cried for thirty minuets upset. So waiting for this movie, the final the second half, was hard and nerve wracking. I was going to have to watch him die, and that was going to be hard. Overall I felt like there wasn't enough of him in the final movie--his death wasn't really shown, and it wasn't expanded upon enough, but I'm biased, aren't I?

The kiss. Amazing. I wish they had then had more lip-locking between Ron and Hermione, but I liked the kiss they showed and was contented with it.

Snape. There isn't much to say. Alan Rickman is the only person they could have cast in this role, and he nailed it. His memories, nailed. Except I wanted more. I wanted more detail, more memories.

Overall I just wanted MORE.

And after everything J.K. Rowling has given me, her stories--without them I would not love reading, I would not love writing, I would not be who I am. I know I must sound absolutely nuts, and after crying so hard last night my brains may have been liquefied into tears, I may be.

I was given eight movies, and I will own every one once this comes to DVD. So asking for anything else seems greedy.

However the movie left me wondering...wanting. It was the shortest film in the series, clocking in at around 130 minuets. So there was room for more, and I just wished they'd filled it. However I know when the DVDs come out there will be loads of deleted scenes and extras and I will be over the moon when that happens...

Yeah I'm still in shock, and not sure. I'm going through the five stages of grief, I know that. Right now I'm in denial, and I'm scared. My childhood was crafted around the lore one woman dreamed up and tied together. And that is over. In esscence this "end of an era" is the end of my childhood as well, and that is absolutely terrifying.

Going ahead is a great mystery. There is no next book to look forward to, no new movies, I am stepping into the future with nothing to guide me, and I am beyond afraid.

1 comment:

The Blogger Girlz said...

OMG The movie WAS EPIC!!!!!! I'm SO sad it's over, I totally feel your pain (and if you want to chat more about the movie, feel free to e-mail me, I could chat about HP forEVER!) but not to worry! There IS more Harry to come, such as: Magic Beyond Words: The J.K. Rowling Story airing on Lifetime on July 18th, The Wizarding World Harry Potter theme park, and Pottermore.com! And let's not forget, there will also be the joy of reading/watching Harry Potter with your future children one day, which I FULLY intend to do!

So it's not over yet, in fact, in fact, I don't think it'll ever REALLY be over! And like J.K. Rowling says, "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you back home" <3

I miss you!
~Ella