Sunday, May 2, 2010

*Sigh*

So has anyone ever had to write an essay for school, one that is so seemingly pointless, one that is such a waste of your time, such a useless thing to splurge your energy on, that you want to yank your hair out?

Well I'm in the midst of writing that kind of essay right now. It's driving me bonkers. It was due a few weeks ago, haven't written it yet, and I feel no urge to force myself to write it. None whatsoever. I'm really lucky it isn't being considered late, but I still don't want to write it. I just don't. I want to work on my WIP(s). And watch bad TV and not do school work.

I think this attitude has come about because it's been so nice here recently. Today for example I got a sunburn! Not pleasant but it made it feel like summer, really like summer. I wanted to find my way down to the beach, get into a row boat, row out into the bay and lay down in the bottom of the boat to watch the clouds pass by. Not write an essay.

So I've got to go do that right now, finish this essay using "ethos, pathos and logos" whooo...

But before I go I would like to inform you that my short story post will be gone in a few minutes because I can't stand it and it needs to go.

I also wanted to say thank you to K.M. and anyone who credited me in her contest. I won! Which doesn't normally happen, so thank you K.M. for being such a good friend, for encouraging me and for holding a bangin' contest. Thank you! ^__^ And just for the record I still think you all should head on over to her blog and follow her, because she's awesome!

Ethos, logos, and pathos, here I come...

5 comments:

lisa and laura said...

Essays are the worst. For some reason, I've saved all of my lame essays from high school and college. I wonder if I should just get it over with and recycle them! I didn't want to look at them the first time. Good luck!

Weronika Janczuk said...

Um, yes. Probaly 95% of the essays I've had to write in high school.

Good luck! Will get back to your email asap!

K. M. Walton said...

My advice, not that you were asking for any :) is to change how you're looking at the assignment.

You are a WRITER and this essay is something you can do and do really well, probably light years better than most of your classmates.

Tell yourself: Self, not only can I own this assignment, I want to do it, because it's what I do. All writers have to write things they don't want to write...but they still write them. It's in our blood.

Own it, Hayley.

Hayley Lovell said...

L&L-You kept them? Wow my assignments get deleted once I'm through with them. Well except for the ones I saved for my little sister to use as a reference point (aka the ones I did well on). But just wow they've got to be taking up a nice chunk of hard drive space.

Weronika- Take you time no worries, and it really does seem like all of them are just so exasperating!

K.M.- Your advice is ALWAYS welcome! I am going to own it! Thank you so much K.M.!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I second what KM said! And congrats on that contest..I tried! As a writer there will be tons of stuff you do not want to do but you do it and give it 100%! That is what will make you stand out!