Monday, February 1, 2010

Goal Fail

So I was supposed to have He’s With Me done by yesterday. I failed, miserably. Midterms did get in the way, even though I professed they wouldn’t, then my characters decided to be jerks (yes I blame Kali, she’s so stubborn), and I asked myself a question that I should have asked way back in what 2008 when Kali walked into my head. Why would Darren continue to pursue her after she’d been a jerk to him? And why would she even consider forming a bond (of any sort) with him? See just a few kinks (a.k.a. big plot holes) that need fixing. Oh joy! You can already tell that this is going to be on my mind for the next few days. I see a few loud lunch periods in my future, brace yourself Kathryn.

I am going to own this, it is going to be finished.

I had seriously contemplated working through the night last night and into the early hours of this morning working on this novel, even though I knew it wouldn’t be finished. Yeah I decided sleep was important, especially because maybe dream me will have an answer to my plot problems.(She didn't *sigh*). Also all nighters are a pain in the ass to deal with, because you feel drowsy for days afterwards, not worth it unless you actually finish whatever you were working on.

Now I’ve reset the goal for by Valentines Day. I have nothing better to do that day anyways so why the heck not? So this will get done. On the upside despite my goal fail, (by the way do you guys have any self punishment ideas, obviously nothing you know too torturous but I did let myself down and need to do something to avenge my unfinished novel) I did successfully complete an outline, mostly that is. Of course there were a few blank note cards in the mix for TBIS (to be inspired scenes) but nothing too drastic, until I had to face the Kali/Darren predicament (that I’d stuck into the bowels of denial in my subconscious). So yep. I’m not seventeen yet, just a few more days and then well I’m so looking forwards to the chocolate and books and a surprise gift from my friend Sashi and it’s killing me that I don’t know what it is.

Also it may be a few days or a week or two before I get back up on the blogsphere which really upsets me. But my absence is because 1) school is such a pain and 2) I’ve got a lot of stuff that needs to get done around here this month. Sadly I am unable to participate in the fight fest going on today, even though I really want to. Like really really want to. But I don’t have any good fight scenes written, and was much to tired to pound one out last night, but you should stop by and check out all the blogs who are participating because I bet it’s going to be kick ass (pun intended). So have a great week and hopefully (fingers crossed) next time I get on here and blog I’ll be a year older, and have my second novel finished.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't beat yourself up too hard! Deadline were made to be wiggled through.

Here's your punishment: 30 lashes with a wet noodle. :)

Mariah Irvin said...

No self-punishment! It's understandable that you weren't able to finish when you expected... give yourself some slack! Things have a way of working out for the better. Maybe you'll have a period of crazy enlightenment and finish the book out strong, instead of making yourself finish something you don't believe you can.

Have a good birthday :)

Hayley Lovell said...

Karen- I wont, don't worry, I've got a vacation coming up so maybe it'll get done then. And my teachers so do not agree wth that deadline theory, if only. *sigh*

Mariah- I wont punish myself, don't worry, I'm jsut very disappointed in myself. I really hope I have a crazy flash if enlightenment. That would be so nice. And Thank you, I'm kind of excited to turn seventeen, my birthday is going to be a blast.